Thursday, March 14, 2013

crispy roasted kale

I've been in a cooking rut. I know what you are thinking... that's it's only March and I'm already giving up... but that is so false! I've been busier than ever. Trying to multi-task getting everything done and cooking healthy can be a giant feat... so what other way to come back to Ina than with kale; a green and leafy! 

I've heard people talk about making kale chips and I envisioned a delicious and hard piece of vegetable. Well, these little guys crisped up beautifully and literally melted in my mouth. I do admit that I added too much kosher salt so I need to chase each kale chip with a full glass of water, but other than that they are so good I will make them again, no doubt! They were so easy! Wash kale. Toss kale in olive oil. Salt kale. Bake kale for 15 minutes. Eat kale. It doesn't get much easier than that, folks. 

I omitted fleur de sel (I had to look that one up) because it sounded expensive and imported in addition to the fact that I had no idea what it was! For you curious minds, it's a french sea salt and it isn't that expensive. Maybe I will order some and see if I can taste a difference. 



No comments:

Post a Comment