us. I bought a box of Israeli couscous a couple months ago from Trader Joe's and have been anxiously waiting to use it, so tonight was the night! This recipe's only flaw in my eyes was the addition of capers (which I respectfully hate) so I omitted those. No bigs. Other ingredients include julienned basil leaves, lemon zest, black olives, roasted red peppers, tuna, garlic, scallions, and olive oil. These are all added to the tender and cooked couscous. It was delicious as a main course (which we did) but I will be toting this baby as a snack or appetizer as I endure night shift this weekend. I'll be late night eating in style thanks to Ina! Ina recommends serving it warm which is how we ate it tonight. That was delicious and it made me feel fuller, but I am excited to have it chilled.
My second cooking adventure this evening was pumpkin spice cupcakes with maple frosting! This was another recipe that immediately jumped out at me when I started cooking through the book and I am so glad I was able to find an occasion to make them! This week is nurse's week so I have been baking up a storm for work, and next to my boyfriend, my co-workers are some of my most gracious guinea pigs for my baking. I'm thankful for the feedback and their mouths and stomachs are happy so its a win-win in my eyes. These cupcakes were incredibly straightforward to make. Bestie grinded fresh ginger which was a Kelly-added twist to the recipe and a well added twist might I be so bold to add. Other spices were cinnamon and nutmeg. The frosting is my personal favorite, hence my finger being so sticky from constantly taking a bite! (Don't worry, I've been washing my hands every time!) The maple syrup added such a warm and sweet flavor to the powdered sugar and cream cheese that I believe this is my new go-to frosting recipe. Of course, we had to each try a cupcake to make sure they were edible... and they are! One last added touch to the cupcakes was chopped heath bars which I put on top of half. I can't wait to bring them to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment