Monday, January 7, 2013
easy tomato soup & grilled cheese croutons
One of my favorite winter meals is a bowl of hot and comforting soup. I love to follow a recipe or clear out my fridge and make something warm and delightful. My mood matched Ina's because I started off cooking with her tomato soup! I am so thankful to have found this recipe because I just can't do Campbell's tomato soup. Ick. The recipe called for 3 cups of onions which I will decrease next time I make it (I had heartburn for hours) but everything else was flawless. The orzo made this so much more satisfying than regular tomato soup. I made my grilled cheese with imported swiss cheese instead of gruyere and it turned out just as creamy and delicious. I'd say this one was a winner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment