Last night's dinner table was graced by great food and the greatest of company! Boyfriend and one of the besties were both over and had monumental parts in creating our dinner masterpiece. One of the neatest things about this cooking goal is having so many people over all the time to eat great food. I was feeling pretty blessed last night...
There wasn't anything crazy about the minestrone that we made but it was absolutely incredible. The perfect healthy and hearty meal for a cold winter's night; hence its name of winter minestrone. My two favorite parts of this soup were the butternut squash (it seriously melted in my mouth - yum!) and the heart shaped carrots. No, you can't buy them that way silly! I shaved them down to look like hearts (courtesy of Pinterest) and was smiling with every savory bite. Ditalini and cannellini beans added to the heartiness of the meal. One of the last ingredients to be added was 1/2 cup of Chardonnay and I could occasionally taste a nice little kick of it. Aren't you getting hungry?
Finally, the bruschetta. We scratched our heads to its name because I was under the impression that bruschetta was a baguette with a tomato mixture placed on top but this was different. The baguette was still the same, but after I removed the buttery pieces from the oven I rubbed a sliced clove of garlic on top. It was delicious! Ina, you've done it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment